Production Shift Team Leader
Excellent career development
About Our Client
Our client, LumiraDx, is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA.
They are a dynamic, high growth organisation with a team of talented, passionate and creative people. We are partnering exclusively with them to recruit across the business as they grow to meet increased demand in these unprecedented times. We are looking for proactive, experienced, hard working and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of this dynamic and forward-looking company.
LumiraDx is rapidly expanding and currently has over 1,200 employees worldwide.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for supporting and developing a (shift-based) manufacturing team in the safe, compliant and efficient manufacture and packing of medical devices, using web-based production lines and manual/auto packaging processes. Operations are carried out in line with quality standards, customer demands and include product transfers into manufacturing.
Line management responsibility for production technicians
Key areas of responsibility
- Ownership of production/packaging procedures and supporting area documentation (eg batch records, logs).
- Planning, scheduling and support of product manufacture and packaging activities in line with standard operating procedures and production schedules.
- Support of trials to enable development and validation of new products into manufacture.
- Ensure deposition valves are used correctly and set up to ensure necessary precision (position and volume) of reagent on every batch.
- Ensure Critical to Quality (CTQ) process and product variables are understood and carefully controlled to safeguard strip performance and maximise yield.
- Plan supply of materials into production and ensure efficiently managed within area. Highlight issues in a timely manner and resolve where possible.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing/5S to standardise and drive efficiency across production.
- Drive completion of accurate batch records and relevant audit paperwork.
- Write and maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions for manufacturing and support review and approval process.
- Ensure timely communication of all process observations/deviations and carry out investigation and resolution of these as required.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant GxP and HSE requirements.
- Understand business goals and agree/set relevant goals for self and team.
- Undertake own training and act as role model for colleagues.
- Recruit, train, develop and coach production team members as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven track record of managing large teams working within shift patterns in a 24/7 manufactruing environment is essential
- Experienced in the efficient set-up and running of automated manufacturing equipment to meet tight tolerances (eg printing, laser cutting, liquid dispensing, lamination, packaging)
- Experience within regulated manufacturing environment is essential
- Detail conscious and committed to achieving accuracy required
- Computer literate and good communicator
- Strong motivator/people development skills
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing/5S techniques
- Experience of operating within a medical device manufacturing environment would be beneficial however not essential
- Experience of product transfer and validation procedures would be beneficial however not essential
- You must be prepared to work to the below shift pattern
Shift is a 2,3,2 (2 on, day off, 3 on, day off, 2 on, day off) on a two week rotating day shift, night shift pattern.
There may be an expectation of travel to other sites for induction and incubation period until recruitment process is complete.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary plus shift allowance and great benefits package (including free employee COVID testing on site).
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information:
PageGroup are our exclusive recruitment partner for this vacancy and all applications, whether internal or external, will be forwarded to them.
If you're successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
[Criminal records data is processed as part of our client's recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject.
LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance.]