An exciting opportunity to join a global market leader
Excellent opportunities for career development and progression
About Our Client
Our client are a leading global manufacturer of high quality, world class energy efficient products within a fast-paced environment. Providing products and services all over the world, our client has won numerous awards and endorsements due to their highly credible dependability, innovation and excellence. Over the previous 5 years, they have experienced a hugely significant amount of growth and are now looking for a Production Supervisor who will thrive at their Leicester facility. It is a fast-paced environment and the Production Supervisor will need to continue to drive the lean culture through the business whilst improving, implementing new changes and introducing fresh ideas.
The purpose of the role is to take full responsibility for leading a Production team to achieve planned processing and production levels across the site, ensuring all personnel are safe, and setting the standard for production/operational activities whilst driving world-class performance across the production area.
To be successful the Production Supervisor will need to be able to motivate a team, be organised and flexible, have the ability to review and solve problems as well as be an effective communicator at all levels.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and motivate team, maintaining good industrial relations and ensuring cooperation between all processes
- Safety Management and improvement, continuously driving a safety first culture
- Assessment and adherence to Quality standards (including workmanship), policy and procedures. Conducting necessary inspections within area of responsibility
- Continuous improvement of production processes impacting quality and productivity
- Remain focused on 100% on time delivery
- Manage resources within area of responsibility to optimise performance and productivity
- Identify training requirements to enhance flexibility
- Contribute to the 5s program by maintaining the 5s standards and enforcing high standards of compliance
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be passionate, effective and continue to strive to improve and maintain the high-standards of manufacturing and production across the business whilst coaching, mentoring and developing members of their team to add considerable value across the business.
The successful candidate for this Leicestershire based role will be:
- Worked or working towards a HNC or HND level or equivalent is preferred
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing teams of 15 or above
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of over 3 years experience of managing a team in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced in using Lean Tools i.e. 5s and Kaizen events
- Able to lead a team of multi-skilled operatives through the production process
- An effective and engaging communicator with the ability to motivate and inspire
- Experienced working towards and achieving KPIs
- Experienced working with a production management system
- A complete safety first mentality, understanding and culture
What's on Offer
Competitive salary with excellent opportunities for development and progression