- Opportunity to assist a global FMCG Co. embarking on large scale transformation
- Flex working
About Our Client
Client is is an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of skincare, makeup, fragrance and hair care products, based in Midtown Manhattan, New York. The company owns a diverse portfolio of brands, distributed internationally through both digital commerce and retail channels.
This role has responsible for overall programme management of a new UK & Ireland Fulfilment Network across all channels, leading multi-functional teams in planning, design and also the final implementation and site commissioning.
- Overarching accountability for the generation and management of the initiative plan. This includes any sub level plans. (also accountable for a group of sub level project plans)
- Definition, implementation and operation of project procedures (e.g. risk & issue management, status reporting, decision logs)
- Establishing process with finance team on tracking the detailed project budget including Estimate to complete and business case realisation
- Co-ordination and oversight of project resourcing (internal and external)
- Responsible for managing the milestones / documentation process - ensuring that the team deliver to the plan
- Manage operational requirements of the projects - e.g.: workshop logistics and meeting invitations
- Monitor and control the project schedule, the timeliness and quality of the project deliverables, and the achievement of project milestones
- Responsible for issuing project communications to Senior Leadership team both locally and globally, including proposals, risks, mitigation, timeline and costings.
- Co-ordination and preparation of the governance meeting including materials and pre-briefings.
- Developing and leading the high level and detailed design phase incl. any vendor selection
- Work closely with relevant internal and external parties to identify appropriate sites for consideration and final site selection
- Working closely with ELC Indirect Procurement on negotiating scope, price, and contracts
- Leading the implementation phase to set up a new fulfilment network incl. opening a new fulfilment centre for UK & Ireland region.
- Partnering with IT on required system selection, design and implementation e.g. WMS
- Ensure change initiatives fully embedded in the project, including a clear change management plan to support all stakeholders through the transition
- Manage and coordinate the creation of and retention of all site documentation, documenting all specifics relating to the project from Vendor selection, site selection and transaction management
- Develop regional and global senior stakeholder relationships to influence, inform, manage expectations and especially drive decision making
The Successful Applicant
- Experience managing similarly complex programmes working across multiple regional and global internal and external stakeholders
- In-depth experience in project management, strategy and/or planning
- Previous experience running portfolios of diverse projects and PMOs
- Preferably, a Certified Project Management (PMP) or PRINCE/2 Professional
- Strategic thinker with the ability to take a broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to anticipate and plan for future.
- Able to identify the focus and defines where to play and how to win
- Proven experience of embracing and initiating change. Can distinguish what to preserve and what to change. Has the courage to initiate and lead the changes that drive success.
- Strong leadership capability able to develop Talent and Capabilities, identifies and cultivates essential skills and attributes to maximize individual contribution and engagement.
- Able to build collaborative relationships across internal and external partners based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
- Proactively seeks out information and clarity needed to enable strong decision making for the business
- Highly commercial and numerate individual able to align approach to drive business outcomes
- Proven ability to operate through high degree of ambiguity, implementing structure and cadence to enable strong business outcomes
Experience in Supply Chain transformation, operational experience is desirable
What's on Offer
Opportunity to govern large scale transformation projects for a global consumer goods brand
Flex working arrangements