- Programme Manager - 3PL - Fixed term Contract
- DC build/start up, Contract Implementations, Automation, WMS
About Our Client
A Leading 3rd Party logistics provider with a broad portfolio of clients including both Open book single customer and closed book multi-user operations.
This role is the key project and programme interface within my clients business. the successful candidate will have responsibility for but not limited to the following
- Responsible for the Project Governance process
- Report to the Board on the progress status, customer experience and risk management
- Development of Project Managers as well as external resource, to deliver change programmes within the Client sites in a risk free manner adhering to Project definition principles and quality standards.
- Supporting the Commercial and Business Development Team in providing commercially focused solution support in order to deliver new business names.
- Managing the delivery of Strategic Planning process outputs within the Sector ensuring individual plans are robust and aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Supporting Customer change plans with key responsibility for project initiation ensuring all resources approved and available, both people and funding.
- Managing forecasting, measurements and delivery of budgets relating to all managed work streams.
- Conduct a pre-project assessment and post handover success audit
- Deliver projects as required and appropriate to skill base, to dovetail into workload and support project delivery overall
- Attending and updating the central change board and working with the central change team to drive process and policy improvements.
Create a relationship with all key project sponsors and act as a project audit or point of escalation for clients.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have track record in leading large scale logistics projects and programmes.
- Previous projects will include Site/contract Start-ups, Closures, reloactions including TUPE transfers, WMS/TMS implementations, Operational improvement.
- Experience of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and Visio is essential.
- Operational experience in contract logistics is advantageous
- Advanced knowledge of the tender phase and understands the Gates/stage control process.
- Financial experience of managing project budgets including challenging costings
- Prior training in Prince2 to Practitioner level, PMQ, PMP, MSP or similar is highly desirable.
This role will require national travel and occasional overnight stays depending upon the specific project/customer requirements.
What's on Offer
12 month Fixed term contract £75,000 -85,000 and benefits