Business investing heavily into new projects
Fast growing market
About Our Client
This business is part of a large well respected organisation. They are at the beginning of a journey of investment and expansion. They have a strong order book and are receiving lots of interest from some major customers. Their products are in high demand in an industry that looks set to continue to keep growing.
The Programme Managers responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the implementation of the Project Management Process across all projects in the engineering department.
- Be responsible for the Project Management of the entire NPI process (Internal and Customer) from product concept through supply chain to a sustainable Production part.
- Provide guidance and line management to the project management team.
- Ensure Customer Specific Requirements are obtained, communicated and achieved through the Project Plan
- Interfacing and liaising between Engineering and all functional areas of the company including Sales, Production, Quality & Purchasing to deliver customer projects meeting all time, quality and cost requirements.
- Expected to maintain ongoing communication and interaction with the customer, including regular conference calls, progress reports (both verbal and written), as well as occasional visits to the customer location for progress meetings and related discussions.
- Required to provide regular project updates covering status of the projects, key initiatives underway, major issues and risks, as well as recommendations.
- Responsible for achievement of project goals including budgetary requirements.
- Manages and leads negotiations with customers, in collaboration with the relevant sales manager, regarding changes in project scope, targets and price.
- Required to give presentations to give periodic project status updates to the executive management team as well as the customer.
- Management of procurement of required tooling / jigs and fixtures.
The Successful Applicant
Required skills , experience and qualifications for the Programme Manager:
- Project planning, execution and financial management skills
- IT literate and competent in the use of various software packages e.g. Microsoft Office.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn, understand and implement the specific Project Management Process used in the organisation to all relative commercial programs.
- Excellent communications, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional project management teams with Stakeholder engagement
- Experience in six sigma/ lean manufacturing methods and principles.
- Knowledge of AIAG 4th Edition / VDA 6.3 APQP and PPAP requirements
- Extensive experience within a fast pace manufacturing / environment.
- PMI registered project professional (PMP®) or APM registered project professional (RPP).
- Prince II Practitioner.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001, IATF 16949 or similar as part of Tier I supply chain.
- Proficient with MS Project
What's on Offer