- An opportunity to work as a Project Accountant
- Based in London
About Our Client
My client are a pivotal arms length body of Government
My client are currently recruiting a project accountant post in London.
* Acting as key liaison point between Finance and the business, building in depth understanding of different business areas and performance and delivery priorities.
* Providing analysis to support decision making and using bench marking to highlight opportunities and add value.
* Supporting business areas with financial analysis to prepare for Spending Reviews, risk management and business planning processes.
* Leading on financial reporting, including analysing financial information and preparing summary reporting, ensuring that the leaders of the organisation are able to make decisions based on accurate financial information.
* Assessing accounting implications and providing accounting advice in accordance with international financial reporting standards and central government accounting rules.
* Building financial awareness and capability of non-finance staff within the business.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills combined with a clear understanding of how this should be applied for the benefit of the organisation.
- Well-developed communication, presentation and relationship management skills
- A high level of competence in budget management, planning, forecasting and risk identification combined with excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical accounting skills across a wide range of financial disciplines and a proven ability to apply them effectively.
- Credibility with senior colleagues and stakeholders and the ability to influence decision-making.
What's on Offer
- An environment with flexible working options.
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity.