Opportunity to join a rapidly growing manufacturing business
Grow and develop a career in Project Buying
About Our Client
A vibrant, growing business that operates in the retail displays and in-store fixtures market. They are established within the UK market and work closely with household named brands such as Primark, mothercare and Selfridges. They are an award winning, global company that have a presence in the UK, South Africa, China and Australia.
The Project Buyer will take ownership of selected outsourced projects and services, from receipt of brief and design drawings, through to completion and delivery of the product to the client.
- Coordinating new enquiries and repeat projects including prototyping, selecting suppliers, negotiation, production/manufacturing and logistics.
- Presenting Estimates in a clear and concise manner within agreed timescales, highlighting any applicable exclusions and lead time issues.
- Sourcing, evaluating and developing new supplier capabilities in line with the Company's expansion into new products and processes.
- Taking responsibility of project purchasing budgets ensuring that contracted costs are met and maintained.
- Ensuring appropriate quality assurance is upheld at all stages of the supply chain management process.
- Planning and overseeing on-site supervision of work in progress, where necessary.
- Providing advice and intelligence to Designers and Sales staff on the external processes and services we manage, in terms of availability and prevailing commercial influencers.
The Successful Applicant
The Project Buyer will be reporting directly to the MD of the business and needs to be highly passionate in building a career in purchasing.
- A driven, ambitious professional looking to develop their career in Buying
- Ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills
- A minimum of 2 year's experience of buying within a similar industry.
- Direct experience of managing both domestic and over-seas suppliers, particularly Eastern Europe and Asia.
- High level of attention to detail, with an energetic fast pace and ability to work under pressure
- Commercially aware with a sound understanding of figures supported by good IT skills. Experience of working with technical drawings and work with suppliers to achieve required specifications.
- Knowledge of Export/Import processes, documentation and all modes of transport would also be an advantage.
What's on Offer
- £28,000 - £35,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Opportunity to work in a growing business and join an inclusive team with a great company culture