Be part of the next big infrastructure build of our generation
Openreach's mission is to build the best network, with the highest quality
About Our Client
We are embarking on the next big infrastructure build of our generation and you could be part of it.
Our mission is to build the best possible network, with the highest quality service, making sure that everyone in Britain can be connected. We work on behalf of more than 590 communications providers like SKY, TalkTalk, Vodafone, and BT, and our fibre broadband network is the biggest in the UK, passing more 27.4 million premises. We're also the platform for Britain's thriving digital economy, which is the largest in the G20. We have an ambitious plan to deliver the better service, broader coverage and faster speeds that our customers are demanding of us. We continue to make superfast broadband speeds available to thousands of homes and businesses every week whilst focusing on our digital future. We'll be building ultrafast Fibre to the Premises technology to four million homes and businesses by March 2021, and we have an ambition to reach 15 million homes by the mid-2020s, under the right conditions.
Fibre Network Delivery is the organisation within Openreach that is accountable for the delivery of fibre and network infrastructure for all our residential and business customers. It's our job to build and maintain our existing infrastructure, business connectivity and accelerate our single fibre network.
We are decentralising where possible and are creating teams based around patch working who love their network, and with brilliant engineering will deliver brilliant service. We will be the UK's most powerful and best network builder delivering our fibre networks at scale and affordable cost, including Fibre Cities, BDUK, NGA, G.Fast and Fibre New Sites.
- To pro-actively and reactively act on information to drive the delivery of the Openreach network in their assigned areas.
- To maximise the fluidity of all work assigned in support of Direct Labour (DL) and Contractor work execution teams via the delivery of fit for purpose Good to Go Survey outcomes for Infrastructure Delivery work streams assigned.
- To ensure that external contractors comply with contractual standards and deliver the Openreach network in line with agreed timescales and commitments. Additional focus on assuring the improvement of safety, quality and financial compliance.
- To liaise and build effective business relationships with New Site developers to manage the installation of all Openreach plant on new developments in a timely, cost effective manner.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience in a Project Coordinator/ Project Management Office role.
- Ideally possess prior experience of working within Telco/ Networking environments or within the wider fields of Engineering or Utilities.
- Worked at supervisor level managing stakeholders and tight delivery timelines.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety processes.
- Best in class stakeholder management skills with a proven ability to build strong relationships across the business.
- Experience of working in teams to deliver large complex transformation programme.
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity and a fast-moving change landscape and translating concepts into business requirements and actions.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, bonus, benefits and career progression