Project Development Manager - Solar
A leading Utility Scale PV Developer with an established track record
A Project Development Manager to deliver key projects in the UK
About Our Client
Our Client is a leading Utility Scale PV Developer with an established track record. Due to expansion They are seeking to hire a Project Development Manager to deliver key projects in the UK. As a Project Development Manager you will be responsible for the development of utility scale projects up to the point of being ready for construction. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience and be able to hit the ground running.
- Project Management of Solar Developments in the Planning System (Local Authorities and National Infrastructure)
- Working with external planning and specialist consultants, planning authorities and stakeholders to obtain consent.
- Dealing with DNO's / TNOs and ICPs on grid connections that the projects will have secured to make sure they are being progressed in tandem to planning progression (As required) and are complaint.
- Liaising with Landowners as required to facilitate access for planning studies and liaising with our in-house legal council to seek any lease change amendment as a result of planning issues.
- Ad hoc Site identification / screening
- Monitoring and reporting on progress including budgeting and cashflow projections
- Supporting the sales / finance process; dataroom management and Q&A
The Successful Applicant
- Practical and comprehensive understanding of the planning system
- Able to communicate and negotiate effectively with all stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Project management of consultants and internal specialists
- Relevant experience within the renewable energy sector
- Detailed understanding of land agreements (option to lease, easements etc)
- Grid applications process
- Working with ICPs for cost effective connections
- Site identification
- Reporting, budgeting and cashflow forecasting
- Good IT skills
- Data room preparation and management
- Utility scale solar experience will be an advantage
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits