Opportunity to oversee the construction of a World-Class Cancer Care Centre.
Leading a highly complex and multi-dimensional four year project.
About Our Client
Velindre Cancer Centre is a division of the Velindre University NHS Trust and one of the leading non-invasive oncology centres in the United Kingdom. Recently the subject of an ITV documentary 'Hospital of Hope', the Trust is embarking on a journey of excellence which will revolutionise the delivery of cancer services in South East Wales. Challenging itself to achieve higher standards of quality of service, patient experience and clinical outcomes that will compare with the best in the western world, an integral part of the Trust's future vision is the delivery an all-new state-of-the-art cancer centre for South East Wales.
Accordingly, the Trust is seeking a passionate Project Director to manage and oversee the development and delivery of the new Velindre Cancer Centre. Reporting to the Chief Executive, the construction of the centre will be the first project of its kind in Wales to be procured through an innovative Non-Profit-Distribution model of finance, providing an exciting opportunity for both the Trust and the Project Director.
- Leadership of the Project Delivery Team in all aspects of this critical Project. The Project Director will lead the overall project including the finalisation of issues relating to the outline and full business case.
- Manage a complex transformational project and effectively engage with a wide range of stakeholders including clinicians, nurses and allied healthcare professionals, Local Health Boards and Local Authorities, the Welsh Government, politicians and local residents.
- Responsibility for ensuring success of the procurement process to secure a preferred partner, including negotiation, tender analysis and reporting, authorisation and formal appointment of the successful tenderer.
- Report to the Project Board on all relevant matters (liaising where appropriate with the Infrastructure Programme Director, Project Manager and Project Team Leads) including, without limitation, governance, risk management, resources, progress against project timetable, key project documentation and budgeting of procurement costs.
- Manage all key milestones to ensure the new facility is operational on its target completion date liaising with officers carrying out necessary work-streams and procurement processes.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to post graduate level, preferably civil engineering or equivalent in associated professional field. A recognised project management qualification and/or membership of a professional body is an advantage.
- Previously led a revenue funded project (PFI/PPP/NPD) as Project Director/ Manager for a public sector procuring body.
- Strong project management capabilities, in particular, the successful delivery of significant construction projects track record of success in delivering major transformational projects in a complex environment.
- A credible and authentic approach to engagement which enables timely and robust decision making across complex organisational and partnership boundaries, ensuring that key partners remain committed to and on board with the vision and strategy for the new centre.
What's on Offer
Six Figure package, with benefits.
4 year contract.