Project Engineer (Electrical) - 12 month FTC
Electrical Project Engineer required for 12-month fixed term contract.
Full project life cycle responsibility from design through to commissioning.
About Our Client
My client is a leading utilities business based in Surrey.
The Project Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Engagement throughout the project lifecycle from initial concept through design, construction, commissioning and handover. Liaison between Production, Capital Delivery and the supply chain. Involvement with the creation of the implementation plan for all projects and programme of works. Ensuring that the project is commissioned and completed in line with project delivery procedures.
- Take ownership of asset standards, ensuring they are compliant with operational, health and safety, water quality and statutory requirements. Constructively challenge current or revised asset standards where they adversely impact efficient or compliant project delivery.
- Responsible for proactively managing Project Engineer workload and escalation of demand and capacity gaps, using KPIs to communicate performance. Utilise supply chain as required.
- Proactively working with Procurement to drive performance and standardisation from the supply chain as part of continual improvement and delivering best value for money.
- Technical coaching of frontline to allow fault finding, optimisation and controlled changes to improve operational performance.
- Authority to challenge capital project scope and deviation to standards.
- Active participation in Hazops and investigation meetings.
- Drive efficiency through identification of optimisation schemes, delivering projects to deadlines and as part of CommCell process.
- Take the lead on Production Initiatives. Develop continual improvements at asset, site and Area level.
- Provide visible leadership to the team and the Business, through area initiatives and site tours and inspections. Work collaboratively with colleagues from across the Business, including other Production teams, Customer Operations, Water Quality, Asset Strategy, Procurement, HR and H&S. Support peers through meetings and discussion.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level or equivalent plus relevant knowledge in a related electrical engineering discipline.
- Proven in a similar Project Engineer role, possessing broad technical skills.
- Understanding of asset management processes and whole life costing.
- Successfully delivered CapEx projects from design through to commissioning.
- Full clean UK Driving License.
What's on Offer
£46,000 + attractive company benefits on a 12-month FTC.