Project Engineer for a leading engineering & manufacturing business.
Project Engineers, Applications Engineers, Mechanical Engineers please apply.
About Our Client
Based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire my client is a global engineering organisation who manufacture their own branded products. They supply products into the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical markets worldwide and employ circa 150 UK based employees. This business is very keen to develop and progress their employees and future promotions will be available. They are now looking to recruit a new Project Engineer due to new projects in the UK.
As the Project Engineer you will be involved in multiple projects at different sizes and costs. You may be required to travel but majority of time will be spent on the Sheffield manufacturing facility.
You will carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organisation's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include preparing, coordinating and issuing detailed quotations for equipment, parts and service.
Other duties include:
- Prepares technical tenders for parts, assemblies & repair work.
- Review and interprets customer requirements and specifications.
- Co-ordinates with other departmental functions to compile costing, quality and technical requirements.
- Liaise with external sales personnel on open and ongoing opportunities.
- Review & interpret shop inspection reports (Use/Rework/Replace).
- Co-ordination of service centre repair & overhaul work with production department.
- Overseeing warranty and site support post-delivery activities.
- Ensuring projects are closed out effectively, finalising all commercial aspects, client requirements, facilitating a lessons learned session, collating and circulating feedback where required.
- Supporting Continuous Improvement activities across the site through demonstrating and demanding process excellence and identifying & implementing improvement initiatives where required.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the position of Project Engineer you will have a background in Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineering or Tender Management.
You will also:
- HNC/HND or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related field is essential.
- 3-5 years experience of customer service orientated engineering organisation.
- Ideally have previous experience within a commercial engineering role or project driven heavy industry/manufacturing environment.
- Excellent technical capability.
- Both commercially & production focused
- Proven track record of customer service ethos.
- Interacts with customers by phone or in person to provide information and to ensure the best technical service possible.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written English.
What's on Offer
Salary £30,000 to £40,000.