Project Manager - Bicycles
Market Leading Bicycle manufacturing business
Great business to develop a career within
About Our Client
Bromptons mission is to transform the way people live in cities. The Brompton Bicycle was conceived in 1975 as a product that increases people's independence and freedom and this is still at the heart of everything they do. Brompton build products that are genuinely useful wherever and whenever they are needed. Still made in London today, with 312 employees and with presence in 45 countries, Brompton manufacture over 45,000 bikes per year and is the UK's largest bike manufacturer.
The E-bike Project Manager - Bicycles is instrumental in the implementation of my client's 5 year strategy. In the next 24 months my client will focus on the launch of their new Electric e-bike in their priority markets in Europe, North America and Asia.
The successful candidate will be involved in their international launch planning and includes chairing and participating in internal meetings with marketing, sales, service and operations to follow up on commercial activities and projects to execute the plans. The majority of the time will be spent at my client's London factory and headquarter with limited requirement for global travel.
- Chair weekly commercial meeting with stakeholders from Marketing, Sales and Customer Service to update them on the status and follow up on commercial activities and projects.
- Implement and follow up on key outputs from market feedback, internal requirements and product developments to meet commercial targets and KPIs. Report on progress to Electric Commercial Managers and company Directors.
- Review weekly sales vs plan and report deviations to Commercial Manager and Operations.
- Analyse and review performance indicators weekly and monthly alongside global strategy. Including Consumer Survey results, sales, production volumes and order intake.
- Suggest and implement process improvements
- Consolidate rolling forecasts from the global territories to plan production
- Administer different EU recycling schemes (reporting volumes on a quarterly basis)
- Onboard new Electric dealers in the B2B and consumer facing portals.
- Assist in weekly operations meetings to inform the stakeholders (inlc. Production, Supply Chain and Customer Service) on the commercial situation and report back to the commercial departments on relevant operations topics.
- Initiate trade communications content and follow up with marketing. Ensure key commercial and marketing information is aligned along different sites, platforms and documents to all relevant markets.
- Develop market understanding through visits to and feedback from dealers, trade shows and industry press.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Project Manager - Bicycles will be structured, organised and specialist/technical/administrative by nature, able to provide high level of both internal or external customer satisfaction. The job calls for someone who is systematic and has the ability to concentrate on things within their area of knowledge, experience and education. As the work may involve gathering facts or performing specialist assignments, the successful candidate will be consistent in the way a task is tackled, and able to create sound practical procedures which incorporate checks for accuracy and ensure that tasks are completed satisfactorily.
- Confident in Excel (incl. Pivot tables)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be persistent and able to challenge positively
- Entrepreneurial and problem solving attitude
- Eye for both the bigger picture and details
- Strong analytical skills
- Project management, without direct authority, of complex processes or developments
- Analysis of large data-sets including MS Office competences
- Chairing meetings, following up with key stakeholders to hit deadlines
- Development and introduction of processes
- Experience of the EU electric bike, bicycle, consumer electronics or FMCG market is preferred but not essential
What's on Offer
The successful Project Manager - Bicycles:
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum basic salary
Excellent benefits scheme
To commute to London on a daily basis