- Join the University of East Anglia as a Project Manager
- Fully remote working!
About Our Client
UEA is a world leading research institution which is based on a campus that provides top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to over 17,000 students. UEA is one of six organisations that together forms the Norwich Research Park (NRP) Partnership; home to nearly 3,000 scientists working in several world ranked institutions and a world leading centre for environment, health and plant science research. At UEA we come together from different fields to learn, innovate, collaborate and help create a better future.
- Managing all stages of the project lifecycle from start-up through to closure, including:
- working with stakeholders to fully scope and document project requirements;
- ensuring tasks are delivered within planned timeframes;
- managing project financials (e.g. budget management and reporting);
- managing project risks, issues and dependencies;
- resource management for assigned projects, including external consultancy, where required;
- managing stakeholder relationships;
- monitoring and regular formal reporting on project status to stakeholders and project boards;
- managing project closure processes;
- lead post-project reviews, making recommendations for improvements to PMO project management processes based on findings.
- Developing, managing and implementing comprehensive project plans using appropriate project management methodologies
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation
- Facilitating Project Board meetings, providing regular progress reports and recommending appropriate actions
- Proactively contributing to the ongoing development of UEA project management tools and templates
- Proactively seeking and recommending improvements to service or supported business processes ensuring that regulatory and compliance needs are met
- Coaching and mentoring junior project management resources
- Inputting to resourcing decisions for the Project Management team
- Representing the team on external committees, working groups and other meetings as required.
- Contributing to planning and development of the programme of projects. This will include networking to promote the work of the PMO across the University, and assisting with the formulation of key performance and development goals for the PMO, both collectively within the team and individually as appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven experience in project management or a related field
- Knowledge and experience of project management methodologies e.g. Waterfall
- Stakeholder analysis and management
- Project definition and planning
- Project resource management
- Good grasp of modern technologies and tooling
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- Project issues and risks management
- Experience in developing and managing project budgets
- Agile project management experience
- Experience in mentoring and coaching
- Benefits management
- Knowledge of Higher Education Sector
What's on Offer
Fantastic opportunity to work with a world leading university, Fully remote working, good work package
To find out more about working at UEA please click here: