Project Manager - Oversight of the regulation of auditors
Oversee the regulatory activities of the main auditing professional bodies.
Strong work / life balance ethos.
About Our Client
This regulator sets high standards of corporate governance, reporting and audit and holds to account those responsible for delivering them.
- Monitoring and providing oversight of the regulation of auditors and accountants by the recognised professional bodies
- Plan and undertake monitoring activities
- Participation in oversight visits to and inspections of audit and accountancy bodies
- Analyse and present findings with recommendations
- Liaison with government, professional bodies and overseas regulators on matters of shared interest; attendance at conferences, meetings and working groups
The Successful Applicant
A relevant professional accountancy qualification is required.
The ideal candidates will also have:
- strong understanding of the accountancy and audit professions
- some experience of regulation, particularly in relation to audit and accountancy enforcement of high profile and complex cases
- Experience of project management and leading a small team and client relationship coordination
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including report writing
What's on Offer
- Salary £60,600
- Benefits include 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- Generous employer pension contribution of 10%
- A strong work/life balance ethos