Project Manager (Prince2 Qualified) - IT & Business Change
Project Manager (Prince2 Qualified) - Greater Manchester - £48,627
Join the UK's largest housing provider overseeing multiple IT/Change projects.
About Our Client
Join one of the UK's largest housing associations as Project Manager where you will plan, lead and deliver multiple, concurrent technical or business change projects to the agreed scope, budget and timescales that meet customer and business requirements.
Due to Covid-19, this role will initially be based remotely, with a planned return to office in the new year. This return will include flexible working with limited numbers in the office.
What you'll be doing..
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and attain approval of robust business cases for projects to deliver identified improvements; establish benefits tracking during project delivery.
- Manage the end to end project delivery life-cycle from Discovery (business case planning), Pre-Project, and Active Delivery through to Project Closure for a range of small or medium complexity projects.
- Produce project initiation products including, project initiation documents, project kick off packs, and detailed scope statements in accordance with the company Project Management Methodology (PMM).
- Own the production and maintenance of the detailed project plan, setting guidance to the wider project team on the components required to deliver the end to end project, including identification and communication of the critical path
The Successful Applicant
Your skills and experience..
Please note, you must hold a project management qualification for e.g. Prince2, APM that is no older than 5-7 years old in order to be considered for this role. You will be asked to provide a copy of your certificate before interviewing.
You should not only be an experienced Project Manager; but also have great customer service skills and a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done. You'll also be able to demonstrate:
- Proven track record of delivering projects in a range of disciplines including people, processes, applications and technology.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Experienced in matrix management of delivery teams.
- Commercial awareness and experience of contracting and managing third parties.
- Experienced in the application of multiple project methodologies and able to determine appropriate use of a methodology.
- Excellent oral and written communications including presentations.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Project for Planning, Tracking and Reporting.
- Experience of cloud adoption projects.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools & Cloud computing.
- Proficient in use of delivery and collaboration tools (i.e. DevOps, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint. MS Teams, Skype).
- Experience of ITIL Principles & processes.
- Housing sector industry experience.
Essential Qualifications: (Please do not apply if you cannot provide evidence of qualifications)
- Professional qualification in Project Management PRINCE2, APM or similar.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience.
What's on Offer
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Medical expenses cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits
- Eye test vouchers
- Aspire - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Professional qualification support
- Professional subscriptions
- Purchase additional leave
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from 'gross' salary, before tax and NI deducted
- E-learning courses
- Thank you award - by nomination