- Great opportunity to be involved in an exciting IT Transformation!
- Up to £44,503 salary (London weighting available of £6890) PLUS benefits!!
About Our Client
NHS Resolution is an arm's-length body of the Department of Health and Social Care. We provide expertise to the NHS on resolving concerns and disputes fairly, sharing learning for improvement and preserving resources for patient care.
We are currently going through an exciting IT transformation led by the organisation's Chief Information Officer. The Digital, Data and Technology Directorate, (DDaT) is an exciting high performing function with a challenging programme of work and a department structure aimed at progression, development and high operational and strategic outputs. As a result we are looking for talented DDaT professionals to join us on this journey.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with the business, senior stakeholders, and external stakeholders (Including existing and future third part suppliers) as well as our PMO team to ensure the delivery and governance of a project to agreed scope, time, cost and quality.
- Builds productive relationships across the organisation, identifying and developing engagement opportunities with key stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are understood and accepted by all stakeholders.
- Support in the discovery and scoping of projects and work streams working closely with subject matter experts, users and business analysts to shape and scope these projects appropriately.
- Plan and manage these projects and work streams through to production utilising agile methodology to iteratively refine and release value to the organisation over time.
- To effectively champion and support change processes and tools.
- Quality Management of the Delivery Approach
The Successful Applicant
- Lead on assigned projects and work streams ensuring delivery is implemented to time, cost and quality and can demonstrate a return on investment.
- Embed and champion agile development principles as part of the project delivery
- To provide leadership of their project team that reinforces the desired culture and delivery of strategic priorities.
- Work with Senior Project Manager to define measures and gain business buy in for adoption of deliverables to ensure project and overarching programme benefits are defined, agreed and accepted.
- Work closely with business analysts, subject matter experts and end users to disaggregate and understand existing processes and use this as a basis to define clear requirements and objects to underpin project and work stream plans.
- Able to mediate, communicating with stakeholders at all levels. Can manage stakeholders' expectations and facilitate discussions across high risk and complexity or under constrained timescales. Speak on behalf of and represent the community to large audiences inside and outside of the organisation.
- Work with technical teams to translate user need into technical deliverables and help build the bridge between business and technology colleagues.
- Understand the digital vision and strategy and NHS X/GDS policies in relation to meeting users' needs and advise the organisation on how these should be interpreted.
- Support in the capturing of user needs across pre-discovery, discovery, alpha, beta and live.
- Make and justify decisions characterised by high levels of risk, impact and complexity. Know how to build consensus between organisations (private or public) or highly independent and diverse stakeholders.
- Put forward informed and feasible recommendations to ensure successful delivery of the project/programme.
- Establish clear benefit profiles and benefits realisation during and post programme capability outcomes
- Coach and lead teams in Agile practices, determining the right approach for teams to take and evaluating this through the life of a digital service. Able to think of new and innovative ways of working to achieve the right outcomes. Recognised as an expert and advocate for the approaches, continuously reflecting and challenging the team.
What's on Offer
- Flexible working with commitment to travel to London or Leeds a minimum 1 day per week / 4 days per month
- Salary of £38,890 - £44,503 (plus London Weighting of £6890)
- NHS pensions
- Flexible working
- Health and Social Security Recreational Association (HASSRA)
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Eye care vouchers for SpecSavers
- 24 hours employee assistance programme from Health Assured (EAP)
- Health service discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply for this position, please submit your CV ensuring details of where you meet the essential criteria required for the role are clearly demonstrated. Application deadline is 23:55pm, on 14th September 2021