Project Manager - University
Client-side project management role
Diverse portfolio management responsibility with scope for progression
About Our Client
My client are a leading UK University with a world-renowned research campus, an admirable estate strategy and an exciting capital project programme
Their focus is on securing the right people to join the Faculty Project team. They're therefore flexibility on chartership, geography with further potential to job share should an individual be semi-retired, a working parent or carer (to name but a few).
They are looking for multiple Project Managers to join the Faculty Projects team.
The in-house team represent the very top of the pyramid with all physical project work outsourced to partnering contractors.
The Faculty Project team are responsible for all intermediate size projects as part of the University estate.
This includes 400+ projects ranging between £50k and £15m in value.
Projects include: Refurbishments, long-term maintenance planning and enabling works (everything except reactive maintenance and capital works).
Internal networking, communication and stakeholder management.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Faculty Project Manager will:
- Have project management experience, within either a private or public sector setting.
- Have extensive experience managing construction and maintenance projects; specifically, intricate refurbishment/complex repairs, between £50k and £15m in value.
- Understand projects in the context of a complex organisation, operating with a resilient approach and mindset, capable of navigating funding pressures and competing objectives.
- Be degree educated (or equivalent)
- Hold a formal project management qualification (e.g. RICS, CIOB) - Or you will be willing to work towards your chartership with the University's support.
- Be passionate about the University's built environment.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £47,000 depending on experience.