Be part of the next big infrastructure build of our generation
Openreach's mission is to build the best network, with the highest quality
About Our Client
We are embarking on the next big infrastructure build of our generation and you could be part of it.
Our mission is to build the best possible network, with the highest quality service, making sure that everyone in Britain can be connected. We work on behalf of more than 590 communications providers like SKY, TalkTalk, Vodafone, and BT, and our fibre broadband network is the biggest in the UK, passing more 27.4 million premises. We're also the platform for Britain's thriving digital economy, which is the largest in the G20. We have an ambitious plan to deliver the better service, broader coverage and faster speeds that our customers are demanding of us. We continue to make superfast broadband speeds available to thousands of homes and businesses every week whilst focussing on our digital future. We'll be building ultrafast Fibre to the Premises technology to four million homes and businesses by March 2021, and we have an ambition to reach 15 million homes by the mid-2020s, under the right conditions.
Why this role matters
Unprecedented growth in demand for increasing broadband speeds has resulted in significant demand for new telecoms network services. With an operating budget in excess of £1Bn and over 17,000 engineers working to deliver those services to customers, we need to recruit outstanding Project Managers to lead on our business transformation.
Our Project Managers will be leading on cutting edge product launches which will change the future landscape for the UK. Focussing on the future you'll be working closely with our commercial, product and operational teams to bring products to life and to optimise our network.
As a regulated business you could find yourself working with Ofcom and our customers to design and deploy products and working out best way for our operational teams to consume them.
What you'll be doing
- You will be with Business Unit senior management within the business unit to provide best in class transformation programmes
- Working with some direct reports, but mainly in a matrix, multi-disciplinary team, you will be accountable for the delivery of complex change projects from design through to build, deployment and handover to the business
- Provide thought leadership on the scope of the programme/portfolio across our team, Openreach and, often, with industry
- We will need you to communicate complex problems/solutions in an articulate and compelling manner, using data to support your argument and influence senior management thinking.
The Successful Applicant
What we are looking for
- Outstanding professional project managers with a track record of successfully delivering complex programmes to time and budget
- Best in class stakeholder management skills with a proven ability to build strong relationships across the business
- Experience of building and leading strong teams to deliver large complex transformation programmes
- Knowledge of business case development and benefits management experience within large programmes
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity and a fast moving change landscape and translating concepts into business requirements and actions
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, bonus, benefits and career progression.