An exciting opportunity delivering a nation-wide project
A competitve salary
About Our Client
The organisation is recruiting in Sheffield and Leeds, providing the capability for over 500 Communications Providers to provide service, broadband and data services to consumers and businesses across the UK. Their network covers 30 million customers and 8 million broadband lines from approximately 5,500 local exchanges.
This business is at the heart of Britain's drive to be a world leader in the internet economy. Broadband connections have become a necessity to customers at home and at work and the demands of the company's infrastructure reflect that importance. Through them, millions of individuals connect to friends and family and have a wealth of information and entertainment at their fingertips.
From small local businesses, right through to large multinationals, the organisation helps companies to work better and compete effectively in global markets. They are also the backbone for essential public services to be delivered and help national and regional economies grow. Having a fast internet connection has never been more important.
- The project manager will need to ensure the team realise business benefits including cost efficiencies, service, performance improvements and transform operational capability - this leads to a better customer experience and ensures we meet regulatory commitments (MSL's and other regulatory measures).
- Accountable for the successful delivery of discrete and/or complex projects within a specific field of responsibility, from design through build, deployment and and handover into sustain with the change being considered as BAU, including their alignment to strategy, objectives and scorecard.
- Responsible for assuring delivery across a matrix team, including Customer, Planning functions and Partner functions, operations (SME's and management), CTIO/TSO etc, Finance, HR etc. This includes regular engagement and influencing at Principal level.
- Responsible for managing programme risk and impact to operational performance and ensuring change is successfully delivered.
- Regular engagement with Principals and key stakeholders both internal and external and occasionally at Director level
- Responsible for the sign off against key success criteria (e.g. KPI, SLA, etc) and ensuring the projects are successful.
- Responsible for the project's risk management, delivering to time, budget and quality.
- Relationship management - taking personal responsibility for key stakeholders at a senior level on behalf of the projects; working closely with the operational sponsors / senior leadership to manage the relationships; co-ordinating the activities of the matrixed teams to mobilise the programme
The Successful Applicant
The successful Project Manager will have the following experience/skill-set:
- Experience of managing change (delivery) programmes in a fast paced environment including: cultural, system, process and people impact.
- Understanding of change governance and the ability to direct a team to deliver change across a large organisation.
- Principal level stakeholder management (internal and external) and occasionally Director level
- Strong analytical capability, commercial and financial acumen
- Understanding of current business, commercial and industry objectives and trends
- Stakeholder management; able to build and maintain a range of senior stakeholder relationships and influence stakeholders to support change agenda.
- Ability to communicate complex problems / solutions in an articulate manner, using data to support your argument and influence stakeholders
- Understanding of existing regulatory framework, including regulatory finance and implications for P&L
Capable of dealing with ambiguity and translating into business requirements
What's on Offer
The Project Manager role offers an additional flexible benefits package along with salary.