To work for a leading timber processor in the British Isles
Commitment to service, and ongoing investment in new technology
About Our Client
A leading timber processor in the British Isles. Who supply both the UK and Irish markets with products for the construction, pallet wood and fencing industries. We also manufacture timber frame homes and engineered roof trusses for the house building sector.
With over 460 employees with plants in Scotland and Ireland, our people, a commitment to service, and ongoing investment in new technology are core to the business.
- Develop project performance and engineering specifications and identify key deliverables from all the parties involved including plant managers, engineers and supervisors; finance; and senior management.
- Ensure specifications for projects adhere to local, regional, national and European (as appropriate) codes, rules, regulations, applicable laws, planning and environmental conditions
- Develop project budgets and timelines.
- Where practical, ensure common specification of mechanical and electrical equipment and components across all sites.
- Ensure specifications, budgets and timelines are incorporated into contracts.
- Support bidding of projects and selection of contractors.
- Manage execution of projects to above specifications.
- Manage all contractors engaged on projects and lead contractor coordination.
- Close out projects to ensure performance guarantees are met, agreed documentation is in place and formalise handover to production.
- Assist in maintaining safe job sites and always be alert for safety issues and adherence to safety policies.
- Manage unforeseen events during project implementation by developing timely solutions
- Manage multiple projects at multiple locations and at different phases of the project life cycle
- Analyse completed projects and assess performance against budget and targets to identify areas to be addressed and improved.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience working with and leading small, flexible project management teams.
- Ability to multitask and working in a high paced environment.
- Accurately update budgets and make cost projections necessary to complete projects.
- Prioritize deliverables and assignments to meet deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct efficient and effective meetings.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Mechanical Engineering Level 8 degree or higher. Other engineering and science disciplines will be considered depending on practical experience.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a project management role leading multi-discipline (civil, structural, mechanical, electrical) teams on projects to the value of at least £10m.
- Heavy industry project experience in areas such as mechanical handling, material transport, energy generation, industrial drying, packaging.
- Experience with Autocad, MS Project, MS Office essential.
- Qualifications in areas such as construction safety, project management, and building services.
- Experience with PSDP and PSCS requirements
What's on Offer
Positive culture that challenges limits and an openness to change
Continued growth and investment in the business