Technical Project Manager role - high value utilities projects
Sustained growth with strong pipeline and subsequent job security
About Our Client
Based in the Newcastle upon Tyne area commutable from Durham, Sunderland, North Tyneside and surrounding areas.
The business work with power utilities business locally and internationally with a great reputation for reliability and innovation.
- The Project Manager will pro-actively manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Maintain clarity on the project scope and deadlines and drive the implementation accordingly
- Plan and manage project resources and schedules
- Manage 3rd party suppliers (software development, hardware supply, panel manufacture)
- The PM has large autonomy and controls project budget, costs and billing
- Manage project scope and change management including risks and contingency plans
- Manage multiple engineering projects simultaneously at various stages of execution
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
The Successful Applicant
- The successful Project Manager with have a proven track record in managing technical/automation projects having accrued all the successful PM skills you would expect - prioritising, problem solving, communicating, business acumen, budget decisions, customer care, planning, negotiating, team work, under pressure & multiple project pressure decision making etc.
- Relevant PM qualification - e.g. Prince2
- The successful applicant will have an Engineering background that includes IT/software/computer science
- Ability and exp of managing large data sets
- Background in Power Utility and renewable energy integration is highly desirable
What's on Offer
Newcastle upon Tyne location with flexible work ans home access
Interviewing immediately online - conference calls/Skype etc