- Project Manager CapEx projects within a process manufacturing environment.
- Join a leading global industrial manufacture.
About Our Client
My client is a leading industrial manufacturing business.
The Engineering Project Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Manages all projects, studies and project requests by following established project management methods and procedures.
- Ensures that all projects are completed according to the original objectives and commitments. These projects will include mechanical, electrical and civil works.
- Maintains strong links to the process engineering and maintenance functions, ensures that functional specification of the project is adequately represented in the preliminary costing and specification.
- Has responsibility for budget preparation and adherence.
- Manages the Capex purchasing process, ensures a smooth "as signed" execution of the purchase orders by the presence of appropriate documents like the commercial contract, purchasing conditions, payment terms, etc.
- Maintains a strong link with the core projects manager and the central Capex purchaser for those Capex purchases which evoke his involvement.
- Has responsibility for both internal and external reporting on projects management including the maintenance of electronic reporting tools, SAP. Contributes and takes the lead in updating the site investment programme. This will include providing estimates of cost, scope and timing of projects; Participating in the development of the plant capital and maintenance expenditure plan; Compilation of a 5 year strategic capital expenditure programme.
- Is responsible for preparing proposal drawings, general arrangements, designs, as-built drawings, P & ID's, electrical diagrams and plant process layouts using AutoCAD or other appropriate and available· Responsible for preparing proposal drawings, general arrangements, designs, as-built drawings, P & ID's, electrical diagrams and plant process layouts using AutoCAD or other appropriate and available package.
- Manages drawings in both paper and electronic format to ensure quick and easy reference as well as revision control on as-built drawings.
The Successful Applicant
- Engineering Project Manager within an Industrial manufacturing environment.
- Successfully delivered CapEx projects incorporating elements of mechanical, electrical and civil works, delivering projects through to completion within planned timescales and budget.
- Professional Engineering Qualification - preferably Electrical, Civil or Mechanical.
- Demonstrable CDM knowledge.
- AutoCAD practical knowledge and able to make drawings modify and comment on supplier produced drawings.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £60,000 + benefits.