- Exciting Opportunity
- Excellent career potential
About Our Client
Our client has customers around the globe and design and manufacture products for a variety of sectors including oil & gas, defence, rescue etc.
As our clients department continues to grow through the award of new contracts and internal restructuring within the business, there is the requirement to grow the Project Management Team.
This role would entail the planning and delivery of tasks across multiple contracts, spanning both UK and International clients.
- Responsible for the safe management and on time delivery of projects within approved budget.
- Accurately communicate project status and performance to Head of Department
- Assign and manage tasks to vendors, engineering, production and support departments
- Meet with clients to report on progress and manage issues to ensure projects are in line with client expectations
- Identify, actively manage and mitigate project risks
- Accurate reporting of project status in line with company project reporting requirements to aid in decision making
- Ensure that project related documentation is complete, accurate and in line with Quality procedures
- Manage the issue of sub-contract orders through the companies supply chain
- Manage commercial issues in projects with aligned to company procedures with commercial department
- Manage project constraints / conflicts (e.g resource, schedule demands)
- Manage project stakeholders and key relationship
- Manage change control
The Successful Applicant
- Have a proven Project Management background is essential
- An appropriate engineering / technical degree or time served trade background
- Have a sound knowledge of engineering principles + strong mechanical / electrical engineering skills
- Be comfortable working independently on complex and varied problems
- Happy with working in a small team environment and the additional responsibilities that entails
- At ease dealing directly with customers and contractors
- Comfortable with maintaining and controlling project documentation, costs and procedures
- Focused on delivering to tight deadlines and specifications
- Demonstrate sound planning techniques and process
- Capable of reacting to changes + willing to go the extra mile to deliver quality products
- Effectively identify and communicate critical tasks and key risks
- Be capable of implementing best practice process
- Demonstrate resource scheduling, labour forecasting
- Implement budget projections, updates and outcomes
- Strong team player able to work with a range of personalities to achieve positive outcomes
- Have the desire, drive and flexibility to successfully deliver within a challenging environment
- Familiar with international Quality and Safety standards
- Subsea/offshore/defence background would be beneficial
- Be flexible and available to travel worldwide in support of project activities.
- Full clean driving licence
- Would hold existing, or be able to obtain SC level clearance.
What's on Offer
Salary 40-50k dependent on experience