- An opportunity to join a large insurance group.
- Ownership to drive group wide projects.
About Our Client
A large UK based insurance company. This is a home based role with occasional travel.
Project Manager must ensure that projects are delivered to a consistently high standard, within budget and that objectives are met on time, meeting professional standards and industry regulations.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Management if all key stakeholders across the Group, including key external stakeholders.
- Ensure that the business benefit case is built and signed off by the appropriate personnel before any financial investments are made.
- As appropriate, develop a project initiation document identifying how the project will be run, governance etc.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects, ensuring resource availability and allocation.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarise progress of the projects.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Prepare reports for the governance forum and ensure that key stakeholders and prepared in advance.
- Meet with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project risks and decisions on services
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Effectively manage and mitigate project risks, minimising impact to the project.
- Create and maintain appropriate project documentation.
- Delegate project tasks to junior staff members as appropriate.
- Track project performance, analysing the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
The Successful Applicant
Project Manager Requirements:
- Proven experience in the successful project management of both small- and large-scale projects within a Financial Services cleint.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Proven stakeholder management experience within Financial Services, Insurance would be a benefit.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of developing and tracking project budgets.
Project Manager top skills & proficiencies:
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility for delivery.
- Ability to think laterally and deliver solutions to problems as they arise.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and focus on what is critical.
- Effective team player.
- Great organisational skills.
- Financial literacy.
What's on Offer
£60-65K basic plus benefits. This is a home based role across England and the UK with occasional travel.