- The client is a fast-paced industrial manufacturer based in Leeds.
- The Project Manager will manage new project execution & support facilities teams
About Our Client
The client is a successful and ever growing manufacturer based in Leeds with heavy expansion happening in the next couple of years.
The Project Manager will be based at the Leeds site and be responsible for:
- Responsible for managing effective planned maintenance schedules for the building, site equipment and mobile plant.
- Co-ordination of all building projects and facility upgrades. To also ensure all modifications to the site, new facility, and building.
- Engage with process team for facility requirement, finalise specification, float RFQ, techno commercial negotiation and PO in SAP.
- Manage CAPEX and maintenance OPEX.
- Manage through approved contractors, Site security and alarm systems, CCTV coverage, Office cleaners, Waste streaming and disposal.
- Compliance with agreed permitting of the paint facilities.
- Control use and purchase of assembly tools through approved equipment procedures.
- Keeping the site asset register up to date for Finance.
- Provide Finance regular meter readings for site utilities.
- Support periodic Insurance audits and ensure any actions raised are closed out within required timelines.
- Maintain acceptable housekeeping standards on site external to the factory.
- Carry out Maintenance checks on firefighting equipment, including monthly fire extinguisher checks and weekly fire alarm Tests
- Member of the Continuous Improvement Steering team.
- Maintain a set of timed standards for all work performed in the assembly plant to allow labour efficiency standards to be monitored.
- Develop and maintain a catalogue of documented assembly line process sheets using digital photographs.
- Maintain an inventory of all sub-assemblies undertaken in the factory and periodically review. Also highlight and develop plans to reduce low and non-value-added activity in the assembly process.
- Develop and improve production equipment, tools, jigs, fixtures and line side racks, stillages and storage to improve assembly productivity.
- As required lead small teams to Blitz areas of the factory to improve layout and flow.
- Keep a central file of site risk assessments and ensure and identified Facility or Manufacturing Improvements are implemented.
- Keep the Gemba area updated with Manufacturing Improvement initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Project Manager will have:
- Degree in Mechanical engineering (or equivalent in qualifications)
- Experience in project and budget management
- Practical Problem Solving (PPS) methods
- Good organisation, leadership, and communication skills
- Environmental standards, Eco sustainability project skills
- Able to read/interpret engineering, equipment drawings.
- Use of MS packages (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel), SAP experience
What's on Offer
The Project Manager will join a successful manufacturer in a time of heavy growth. There's a succession plan in place for said candidate to then progress into a management role within the engineering team.