Market leading business
Opportunities for progression & development
About Our Client
A market leading innovative manufacturer based in Worcestershire are looking to add a Project Manager to their evolving department. With an increasing order book & a number of projects locked in for the foreseeable, they are now looking to further enhance their capabilities to their customers. Having partnered with this business for several years, they have a proven track record in progressing & further developing their staff. The ideal candidate will be from a low volume, high complexity environment such as Aerospace or Defence, be ideally degree educated & have managed projects from cradle to grave.
- The generation, maintenance and delivery of project plans in support of bids for new business.
- The definition, generation and execution of project plans for contracted work according to business needs. Scope could include development, production or research projects.
- Improving project value and project margin through the proactive management of project risks.
- Project reporting both internally to customers.
- Management, monitoring and motivation of cross-functional team members assigned to the project(s).
- Working closely with the customer to understand the business requirements for the project, developing effective working relationships and ongoing management processes for the project.
- Approval and/or authorisation of documents as defined
The Successful Applicant
- Degree educated with a strong understanding of mechanical engineering
Ability to manage projects from cradle to grave
- Background in Aerospace or defence
- Recognised Project Management qualification/accreditation is desirable (e.g. APM Membership or qualifications, PRINCE2, etc.)
- Effective risk management (demonstrated experience of effective risk mitigation is more important than knowledge of a particular process).
What's on Offer
Up to £45k + benefits