Leading not-for-profit provider of housing
Flexible home working
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest not-for-profit housing associations. They provide services to around 50,000 people and employ 10,000 staff across the North.
The key responsibilities of the Project Surveyor will be:
- Lead on contract supervision for planned / cyclical programmed works, including assessing progress against plans, authorisation of stage payments, ensuring documentation / certificates / invoices / valuations are accurate and timely meeting contract terms, verification of interim / final accounts in accordance with companies standing orders.
- Ensure that systems and processes are in place.
- Regular meetings with consultants / contractor's representatives take place, allowing dialogue and discussion with contractors on a regular basis to resolve and agree issues.
- Effectively set and monitor contractors quality of work, ensuring they perform in accordance with relevant health & safety / CDMC legislation, response times and targets are being met.
- Responsible for the production of regular contract performance information to senior managers within the organisation. Data to be reported must be accurate, timely and concise with regards to progress against agreed contract measures, objectives, targets, timescales and customer satisfaction.
- Provide detailed ad hoc specifications, produce drawings, and full tender / contact administration in respect of major or planned/cyclical maintenance works using appropriate work forms of contract. Managing all works including planned and cyclical works ensuring planning and building regulations are complied with.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Project Surveyor will have experience in:
- Project delivery in a Social Housing environment.
- Contractor management and Project budgetary management experience across multiple projects/contracts.
- Building surveyor experience and be able to undertake stock condition surveys.
- Proven experience of managing contractors, developing successful relationships, with achieving challenging targets and objectives.
- Relevant industry qualifications such as degree in building surveying, Construction HND etc.
- Full clean driving licence and able to cover Yorkshire.
What's on Offer
On offer for the candidate:
- Industry leading salary package
- Flexible and home working
- Fantastic company culture
- Exclusive discounts on high-street shopping
- 20% off mobile phone contracts
- Cashback on dental and medical expenses
- 25% off Private Healthcare