Housing Association based in the South East London
Temp to Perm opportunity
About Our Client
My Client are a Housing Association based in South East London
Responsibilities of the Project Surveyor:
You will deliver surveying, maintenance and planned works across the property portfolio in the South London & the Sussex area. This will include all aspects of property maintenance, major works, responsive repairs, planned works, refurbishments, fire management, servicing, estate improvements and regeneration.
Working closely with contractors, you will monitor the performance of works carried out to ensure all projects are completed to compliance standards, specification, schedule and cost. To support this, you will carry out frequent site visits and ensure records are maintained.
In addition to this you will be delivering a continual plan of Stock Condition Surveys, new build pre-occupation fire inspections and all building related advisory services.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful for the role of Project Surveyor you will have:
- Working knowledge of residential property, housing legislation, working in occupied buildings, building regulations and TPO management.
- Experience of liaising with customers and occupants from small scale to large complex projects.
- A knowledge of party wall regulations and disrepair legal protocol.
- A good understanding of stock and asset management principles, supported by practical experience of the issues this involves.
- A current knowledge of health and safety legislation and issues affecting all aspects of property maintenance, construction, repairs and refurbishment.
- Good understanding of Microsoft office suite, especially excel and word.
- Appropriate means of transport and the ability to undertake work related activities outside of core hours.
What's on Offer
Hourly rate: £30 - £32 per hour (circa £200 - £220 per day)
Mileage expenses: To be claimed weekly at 40 pence per mile
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break (35 hours paid per week)
Contract: Temp to start with, which will then be reviewed depending on the employees performance with view to go perm
Base: Croydon - covering a patch across Croydon, Bexley, Greenwich, Brighton and Horsham
*Title - Project Surveyor
*Sector - Property and Housing