Exciting time to join the business
Be part of a brand new product range
About Our Client
My client is a dynamic and rapidly growing technical engineering organisation who is investing heavily in a range of new positions and technologies.
Within the R&D team the role will have a variety of fabrication and assembly tasks, producing high quality prototypes and test rigs, in a timely manner.
Work closely with other Engineers and follow build instructions deliver by any one of the following methods:
- Verbal descriptions
- Formal engineering drawings
- 3D CAD models
Follow test plans / conduct tests according to instructions provided
Make recommendations on the design of prototypes and test rigs
Finding suitable suppliers, discussing requirements and arranging quotations, ordering materials and parts, tracking and expediting delivery and following up with suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
- Technical background with an emphasis in prototype / model making
- Wide range of practical fabrication and assembly skills
- Demonstrable competence of delivering measurable results in a complex project environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills with ability to liaise with staff and suppliers.
- Ideally a hold relevant technical qualification (HNC / HNC / etc)
- Experience as a technician or model maker.
- Evidence of complex fabrication/assembly work produced in a neat and organised manner.
- Experience of working with cross - functional project teams to achieve objectives on complex projects and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience of the following is valuable, but not essential:
- 3D CAD (ideally SolidWorks)
- Electrical work / wiring
What's on Offer
Salary is negotiable depending on experience