Public Sector Focused Property Lawyer
Role within Legal 500 Birmingham team
Specific public sector/local government focus
About Our Client
A Legal 500 rated Birmingham firm.
Are you currently a public sector focused property lawyer either working within local government or private practice?
We are working with a Birmingham law firm who are looking to add to their established public sector team with the recruitment of a mid-level to senior appointment.
You would be joining a market leader in public sector work, working closely alongside colleagues in the established local government team.
The firm are looking for an experienced real estate lawyer to help run their property offering alongside senior lawyers across other disciplines such as commercial contracts and procurement.
The team boasts a number of Legal 500 rated public sector lawyers, many of which have had previous experience working in the public sector so the firm are very much open minded to hiring somebody with little private practice experience.
As this is a senior hire, the firm is ideally looking for somebody who is well connected within this sector and understands the nuances of working with clients in the sector.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Help grow the real estate offering at the firm - with plenty of autonomy to come up with ideas on how to shape things for the team
- Working alongside colleagues with strong connections in the sector who will be able to refer and pass work to you
- Working in a collegiate and friendly firm, with a strong focus on achieving the right culture and work/life balance
- Genuine progression opportunities within a small sector-focused team
- An achievable chargeable hours target
The Successful Applicant
It's likely that you'll have at least 4 years' experience in real estate matters with particular experience working within or working for public sector clients.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary for the right experience.