Public Sector Senior Internal Auditor
Superb opportunity with this highly successul team
Professional Services firm with a strong public sector presence
About Our Client
Leading Professional Services firm based in the Midlands.
Working from their Birmingham office the successful Internal Audit Senior will manage assignments of moderate complexity and variety, in line with the audit plan and the firm's internal audit methodologies.
- Develop proficiency in applying internal audit principles, skills and techniques by performing audit tests of varying degrees of complexity.
- Execute a wide variety of audit tests/ procedures and accurately interpret results against defined criteria, whilst ensuring the work is competently and efficiently performed in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
- Apply internal control concepts in a wide variety of settings, and appropriately assess the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
- Understand the financial, operational, and compliance risks which effect activities. Demonstrate the ability to identify and appropriately define those risks, and formulate recommendations which are appropriate, practical and cost-effective.
- Prioritise work so resources are devoted to areas of highest risk in line with the audit needs assessment.
- Consistently document relevant facts and information which support the work performed and conclusions drawn, so other reviewers can follow the auditor's logic in line with the internal audit methodology and quality assurance requirements.
- Effectively evaluate audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy, and perspective of conclusions against the accumulated audit evidence.
- Be effective in communicating audit results, both verbally and in writing (will be reviewed by senior members) so they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and understood by the recipient
- Complete work with limited instructions, yet know when to seek guidance from supervising staff when circumstances warrant.
- Be proactive in making business decisions, for example, providing solutions for any client challenges.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Internal Audit Senior will have relevant experience, of which 1 year or more is in internal audit and / or public sector experience. * MIIA / CCAB / ACCA / ACA qualified.
What's on Offer
Excellent package and genuine fast track career progression for the right individual.