Purchasing and Inventory Manager
A great opportunity to join a thriving global business
A clear path for progression over the next 2-3 years
About Our Client
Our client, based in South Sheffield, are a global leader in their field. Following a global restructure they now look to recruit a competent Purchasing and Inventory Manager to manage a team across two locations.
Progression is on offer for the successful individual at national and international levels.
The responsibilities of this position of Purchasing and Inventory Manager will be to:
- Lead, mentor and develop a team across two locations.
- Optimise the cost of material supply whilst establishing the most robust supply chain for line level SKU purchase
- Work to improve communication of demand forecasts and customer requirements towards supply.
- Assess efficiency's within supplier rationalisation, P.O. consolidation and cost reductions
- Proactively assessing the demand and supply plan which may result in overstocks/stock outs and suggest suitable alternatives.
- Manage daily and weekly supply and availability processes
- Interface with Purchasing and Procurement across other areas of the business.
The Successful Applicant
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Purchasing and Inventory Manager will have:
- A background in Purchasing and Procurement
- Strong inventory management experience
- Demonstrable experience of managing a team
- Worked in a high volume, complex environment
- The ability to travel.
What's on Offer
£45,000 - £50,000