Senior Leadership Position
About Our Client
Our client is a global industrial manufacturing business who are looking for a Procurement Manager to join their growing purchasing department.
- Manage the portfolio of suppliers, including the negotiation of clear and commercially secure contracts for new and existing suppliers.
- Develop and maintain a globally structured supply base de-risking supply with dual source strategies for all sensitive commodity types.
- Develop and maintain supply base KPI's and performance feedback systems to ensure the ongoing development of suppliers.
- Identify areas of opportunity, initiate & implement new purchasing strategies in conjunction with senior colleagues. Working with the Value Engineering team to realise cost reduction and value initiatives throughout all commodity types and supply partners.
- Research, audit and select suitable competent and competitive vendors for the development of strategic partnerships based on total cost.
- Develop, maintain & audit an approved primary supplier base on their financial stability, technical, commercial, quality, delivery and support abilities.
- Support New Product Introduction projects through to proven / secure implementation.
- Conduct supplier development and recovery meetings / projects in line with the group needs.
- Develop and maintain ordering methods, rolling delivery schedules, the materials control and purchasing planning parameters on the company's manufacturing software system (MRP).
- Verification, investigation, and resolution of MRP purchasing / schedule related issues.
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive experience in a senior position in purchasing / commodity management or supply chain management role in industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience and ability to travel and operate within a global marketplace
- Highly competent and experienced in the negotiation of contracts and conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including a high level of presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Able to work on own initiative and make decisions based on overall business requirements and best practice
- Ability to work to tight timescales and under pressure whilst maintaining a calm, prioritised and structured approach to all tasks/issues
- Qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply is preferable
- Conversant with lean manufacturing tools
- Computer literate in Microsoft office and manufacturing software systems (i.e. MRP)
What's on Offer
You will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and the opportunity to join the senior leadership team of a global manufacturing business.