Opportunity to work for a highly-successful and growing FMCG manufacturer!
Looking to recruit a self-starting (Ingredients) Purchasing Manager!
About Our Client
My FMCG manufacturing client are looking to recruit a Purchasing Manager to support their successful and rapidly growing business, based in Leicestershire. This is a truly exciting time to join them in this BRAND NEW role!
The Purchasing Manager role will span both direct and indirect spend c. £20-£25mil and this spend will continue to grow in line with strong business performance and expected growth.
The main responsibilities include:
- To negotiate all significant spend within the business to ensure that the business is always getting the absolute best value for money, without compromising on quality standards. This will include Ingredients, Packaging and other indirect categories Inc. Capex and Logistics/Distribution.
- To source new suppliers in line with tenders, NPD etc. (predominantly UK supply base at present, however there is potential for global sourcing).
- To liaise with department heads such as Operations, Technical, Hygiene, and Engineering and help them ensure they are negotiating the best deals.
- To engage senior management if there are any significant issues affecting any of the above being achieved.
- To build effective working relationships with key stakeholders across all areas Inc. Operations, Technical and Engineering.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Purchasing Manager opportunity will have strong Purchasing management experience and a proven track record across sourcing, contract negotiation, category management (direct and indirect) and supplier management.
The ideal candidate will have FMCG experience and will have significant expertise within leading a Procurement strategy in a manufacturing and distribution environment.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered c. £55,000 - £60,000 plus 20% bonus etc. and the opportunity to work for a successful Leicestershire based business with a dynamic, fun and inclusive culture.