Greenfield Project - Migrating a C++ platform to Python
Market leader in intervention modelling for non-communicable diseases
About Our Client
The company are a leader in intervention modelling for non-communicable diseases. Their microsimulation-based software is used to generate evidence to quantify the future impact of interventions on chronic diseases when scaled across the population. Such interventions include policy changes, screening, and new treatments, with a focus on predicting the impact of health behaviours on the future burden of over 20 chronic diseases and related costs, across 80 countries.
You will be directly involved with application coding, system debugging, code reviewing, and the development of operational procedures. You will be:
- Writing code that is supported by strong unit testing and continuous integration practices.
- Providing data APIs that pre-process data, version datasets and control access to that data.
- Building infrastructure to train and deploy AI models at scale.
- Interacting with our machine learning code as we migrate our platform from C++ to Python.
- Converting prototyped code into production code.
- Contributing to the product roadmap.
- Developing technical specifications and architecture.
- Reviewing and refactoring the existing application code.
The Successful Applicant
Strong commercial experience with the following:
- Writing Python code to build robust server-side applications.
- Data engineering experience -provisioning both relational and no-sql databases and writing high performance queries / transforming data
- Azure DevOps and/or good general continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) experience
- C++. You will not likely be writing much, but being able to translate from C++ into Python and basic ability to read intent from C++ code, and to simplify it, would be helpful.
What's on Offer
- Excellent salary and share options
- Option of remote working (will have meetings 2-3 times a month from the London office)
- Join an exciting start up