QA Engineer. Complex Data Solutions. Automation
Build a QA Function
Work with large, complex data sets
About Our Client
The client is B2B Data services provider who is VC backed. Due to unprecedented demand and client acquisition the opportunity has arisen for an experienced QA engineer o build and lead a new testing function.
The team are currently 20 strong and looking o grow aggressively across all tech functions, so joining now means the QA function will be built around you. However, the role is still very much hand on.
Remote/Flexible working is available but travel into London will be required 2/3x a week at most.
As part of a new QA team, you will be involved in all stages in the project lifecycle, from scoping, through estimating, designing test plans, executing test plans and creating automated data load test routines for the production teams.
You will be using strong problem-solving and technical skills to trace issues and investigate the automation framework results to find causes of discrepancies and will concisely communicate solutions to the development team.
* Automation developments are done, as per scope
* Create automated data testing routines for ongoing data loads
* Work as part of the project teams, including project manager and development teams to ensure high quality of deliverables and correctness of developments during set-up projects - including developing test plans, and executing overseeing services team testing
* Support production team with issues arising and problem solving during ongoing data loads
* Work with Business Analysts to interpret the scope and develop a quality plan
* To maintain the automation framework and ensure it is always up to date.
* Estimating level of effort for new client project work * Help in the development of core testing routines and support services team in building and executing test plans
* To adapt an existing automation framework for each client.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will come from an industry that has large data sets, complex problems - All industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply (Finance/trading/betting/travel etc).
Strong technical skills and experience in SQL
* Experience building an automation framework * Testing Experience with, backend, interoperability, performance, security and interfaces required
* Enthusiasm and drive to help small delivery teams to provide complex data management solutions
* Ability to work in a fast pace environment and manage time and priorities effectively
* Good communication skills to work closely with development teams, clearly able to describe bugs and changes required.
What's on Offer
In return, you will be given the unique chance to build a new QA function, have options made available alongside a superb salary and benefits package. CVs under review now!