Work for a business whose sales are up 40% YOY
This businesses UK customer base have grown significantly over the past year
About Our Client
My client are a retailer who sell a range of merchandise; from products for the home and garden, to kitchen and technology goods, right through to health, beauty and stationary products.
The role of QA Technologist will include the following:
1. Evaluate products, with particular reference to legal requirements, product claims, quality, fitness for purpose, mail-order compatibility and other circumstances to help maximise customer satisfaction.
2. Advising the business to ensure accuracy and conformance with statutory requirements and codes of practise
3. Arrange performance testing of products or samples as necessary, using internal or external resources.
4. Monitor on-going compliance of products to agreed specifications.
5. Investigate abnormal product return levels and identify ways of reducing these by working with buyers and suppliers to provide solutions.
6. Carry out ad-hoc product inspection and evaluation activities (including quality audits of suppliers and third party manufacturers) as required.
7. Provide advice and support to the Warehouse QC Goods-In Team and other departments as appropriate.
8. Liaise with in-house teams, suppliers and external organisations as appropriate.
9. Collate and analyse data and provide regular summaries and reports as required.
10. Assist in training company staff to achieve quality objectives, and promote a quality conscious attitude throughout the business.
11. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in accordance with company and legal requirements.
12. Regular travel will be required so flexibility is essential.
The Successful Applicant
At least 2 years direct experience of working in a QA Technologist role, or similar
Experience of dealing with statutory requirements for consumer products; particularly in relation to electricals and/or chemical products.
Knowledge and experience of QA principles and techniques
Driving licence and use of own car
A knowledge of relevant statutory requirements and good manufacturing practice (GMP)
A background knowledge of regulatory requirements for small electrical household goods and household chemicals
Experience of quality auditing
Ability to communicate complex detail in a simplistic manner
Ability to work under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and the chance to work for an exciting retailer