- Exciting Opportunity
- Excellent career potential
About Our Client
Our client is a logistics and distribution specialist who have customers all over the globe and pride themselves on their customer service and quality of service.
- Advise, support and guide the management and staff teams on the implementation of the Company Health, Safety and Welfare, Quality and Environmental policies, other relevant legislation, developing local policies and procedures where appropriate, including records maintenance to ensure that the establishment/area is run safely in line with legislative and contractual requirements & company standards.
- Undertake and support audits, inspections and tours for own areas of responsibility to ensure the safety and well being of employees, stakeholders and others involved in the operation within the business stream.
- Develop, maintain and monitor an effective health and safety management system, in liaison with all stakeholders, to ensure the health and safety of all persons affected by the Company's undertaking.
- Investigate and report on accidents that occur as per company policy and procedures, liaising with key stakeholders as necessary, to ensure that lessons learnt are acted upon and that risk of reoccurrences are minimised.
- Consult with environmental regulators, customers and suppliers to ensure compliance with the Company's environmental policy and aspirations.
The Successful Applicant
- Chartered Safety Practitioner would be ideal however not essential
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) is essential
- Recognised environmental qualification
- Significant experience in a managerial Health, Safety and Environmental role
- Experience within a Food Manufacturer would be beneficial
- Ideally within a one month notice period please
What's on Offer
Salary 40-50k dependent on experience