Qualified Actuary - Project Manager
Newly created regulatory role.
Project based role with a strong work/life balance ethos.
About Our Client
This organisation sets the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for actuarial work.
It monitors and takes action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operates independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries.
- The Project Manager will be tasked with working with a Director of Actuarial Policy to develop an Actuarial Monitoring Programme, and delivering the objective of carrying out a post implementation review of the Technical Actuarial Standards and establish the necessary capacity to undertake regulatory duties over actuaries.
- This will require a programme of monitoring work to assess the quality of actuarial work undertaken by the regulated profession.
- As this is a new function, a willingness to think widely about how to develop this work so that it best serves the public interest, is an important attribute.
The Successful Applicant
- The project manager is likely to be qualified member of an actuarial, accountancy or legal professional body, or a former practitioner with some experience of regulation, supervision or education, or to have operated in a consulting, in house or regulatory role.
- The person will have experience of actuarial work and what the regulatory framework is that it operates within, or previous experience in a relevant regulatory role.
- They will have knowledge of the standards and guidance issued by the IFoA to its members, and understand, and seek to develop and maintain their own knowledge of, developments and issues affecting their areas of responsibility.
What's on Offer
- Salary £65,400
- 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- Employer pension contribution of 10%.
- Strong work/life balance ethos.