- The client is a start-up dog food manufacturer based in Doncaster (Blyth)
- The QA Technologist will work a mix of 12 hour days and nights shift
About Our Client
At Butternut, the mission is to deliver health and happiness to dogs and their humans all over the world. In order to do just that, they need a team of forward-thinking, driven people who love dogs as much as they do. And they need quite a big kitchen too. Which is precisely why they have built one.
Located in Doncaster, Rudie's Kitchen will be the place where all the magic happens, so to speak. It's where the tasty Butternut meals and treats will be gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients because, the way they see it, they wouldn't serve food to dogs that they wouldn't be happy to eat themselves. At Butternut, they believe dogs deserve better, and if that's something you think too, we want to hear from you.
Butternut has come a long way since Kev & Dave (co-founders) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box, and they are now looking for brilliant people to join the team for this next part of the story.
As part of the role, the Quality Assurance Technologist will work a mix of 12 hour days and nights shift in Doncaster to:
- Ensure a pro-active approach to process and system control/management through educating to the broader team
- Conduct product testing on incoming raw materials and finished goods
- Monitor and trend product quality, identifying improvements and working with other functions (Operations, Process, NPD Engineering and Raw Materials) to deliver them
- Ensure daily / weekly / monthly QA scheduled tasks (i.e. GMP, calibrations, audits and sampling) are completed on time and any subsequent actions are followed up.
- Conduct investigations into non-conformance (i.e. incidents, analytical testing, audits and customer complaints) and agree corrective actions and measure the effectiveness.
- Attend process trials
- Ensure new products processes and equipment are smoothly integrated into everyday operation and is fully supported by the Quality Management system (i.e. agreed quality parameters, updates schedules & QAT tasks, Quality Management System SOPs)
The Successful Applicant
A bit about the Quality Assurance Technologist:
- Loves dogs (naturally)
- Pragmatic, adaptable, resilient and humble
- A proven track record of QA, systems management or HACCP in food manufacturing
- Strong understanding of production and packing processes
- Working knowledge of process capability and target setting
- Hungry for a challenge and keen to build something from the ground up
- Someone who loves the pace and excitement of FMCG manufacturing
What's on Offer
What's on Offer:
* 257.5 Hours Holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (Equivalent of 21 - 22 Shifts)
* Butternut Box employee discount
* Cycle to work scheme
* Pension with NEST