Quality Control Co-ordinator
World leader in the design and manufacture of Oil & Gas industry Products
A Company dedicated exclusively to design, development and manufacturing
About Our Client
Established nearly 20 years ago with a focus on setting industry standards for the design and manufacture of cable protection systems within the Oil & Gas Industry.
An established, extensive and ever growing list of Oil & Gas companies throughout the world which has been gained from the service companies who provide Permanent Monitoring, Intelligent Well Systems, Electrical Submersible Pumps (ESP's) and other downhole instruments to the operators.
- To create, maintain and improve Workshop quality standards and procedures
- To supervise Quality Inspection personnel, ensuring their competence and performance meets the required standard
- Take a leadership role in solving technical problems which may arise in manufacturing and through issues raised by customers, utilising the QMS
- Drive the investigation and resolution of product quality issues, including liaising with customers
- Check Factory Acceptance Test certificates to ensure that the products being tested are fit for purpose and meet the relevant technical specification
- Action requests from Workshop highlighting problems with goods supplied. Make investigations into their causes and take relevant action to prevent recurrence.
- Deliver continuous improvement by driving process improvements and updating QMS documentation to reflect the new processes
- Create, report and take overall ownership of quality metrics to track non-conforming products and help drive continuous improvement
- Strive to minimise in-house rework due to flaws by addressing issues with the suppliers
- Organise and oversee customer qualification testing
- Check material certificates against material standards for each job being processed, ensuring that all products are within the relevant technical specification/s
- Produce and issue Certificates of Conformity for each job
- Meet all relevant deadlines
The Successful Applicant
- Hold a mechanical/engineering qualification
- Have experience in quality control processes in an engineering/manufacturing environment,
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of problem-solving and attention to detail
- Be a self-starter conducting all duties with a strong sense of personal discipline
- Be a leader with a passion for excellence and a strong sense of ownership who will relentlessly drive the quality agenda
- Demonstrate high urgency levels and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have effective communication and influencing skills across various departments and interfaces
What's on Offer
This position is a real career opportunity for a dynamic individual who is looking to further their knowledge and experience within the Quality Control field, as an integral player within an already successful team.
Competitive salary and benefits package depending on experience