Aerospace company based in Bristol
Growing company with great opportunities
About Our Client
Our client are a growing precision engineering business based in Bristol who are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join their busy team.
The main responsibilities for the Quality Engineer will include:
- Responsible for first and final inspection checking and First Article Inspection Reports.
- Responding to and raising NCR's and reporting them to the Quality manager.
- Liaise with customers/suppliers on all quality matters, queries and non-conformances when required
- Work with the current quality team to manage all levels of inspection
- Liaise with all levels of staff (management to shop floor) on all aspects of quality and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Support the Quality manager in developing a "continuous improvement" culture.
- Accepting responsibility of working within the company quality requirements and reporting any non-conformances to the Quality Manager.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Quality Engineer will have:
- Able to understand and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Track record of delivering improvements based on the principles of lean.
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methods-e.g. Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis along with statistical tools used to analyse and evaluate problems to assist with improvement projects.
- Detailed knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (e.g. ISO9001, AS9100, etc.).
- Proven lean practitioner with knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to process / product variability, and root cause and corrective action determination.
- Experience in a Manufacturing / Product Engineering environment within a large manufacturing organisation (ideally Aerospace).
- First Article Inspection (FAIR) experience
What's on Offer
£28,000 - £32,000 depending on experience