Brand new Quality Engineer position based in Sheffield for a pumps manufacture
Quality Engineer based on a Monday to Friday days based position.
About Our Client
Located in Sheffield my client supply into a range of industries and employ circa 100 staff on this site. The business design and manufacture their own product range and now require the recruitment of a new Quality Engineer to join the business. This position will come with strong career progression opportunities and further educational support.
Reporting into the QM as the Quality Engineer you will be based at the Sheffield manufacturing plant and will have responsibility of Quality Management Systems, Root Cause analysis, Inspection of products and continuous improvement.
You will play a pivotal part in improving customer relations, and making sure products supplied are meeting customers expectations.
Other Duties Include:
- Achieve and maintain certification and approvals deemed necessary for the business to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Perform contract reviews on customer or recognised specifications to enable compliance
- To liaise professionally and competently with the customer and employees on quality matters
- Provide support on document pack collation as required.
- Raise customer concession requests when required.
- Liaise with customers regarding quality issues / enquiries.
- Perform and support internal audit programme
- Draft quality plans / inspection and test plans as required.
- Control the calibration register and ensure the schedule is maintained.
- To assess and manage risk in the process
- To visit customers and suppliers throughout the UK and overseas where necessary
The Successful Applicant
To apply for this position based in Sheffield you will have Quality Engineering or Quality Management background gained within a manufacturing environment.
- Engineering or Quality Qualifications
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Accreditation's for ISO.
- Production & Manufacturing awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Understanding of the production process and lead time acceptance.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
What's on Offer
Salary for this position is £25,000 to £30,000 with progression opportunities available.