Quality Engineer for market leading manufacturing business.
Develop your career in a fantastic working environment.
About Our Client
My client is a global leader of a consumer lifestyle products that has transformed society's methods and flexibility of transport. With a presence in over 45 countries their products consistently drive innovation and change directly to the consumer.
The Quality Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- NCM (Non-Conforming material) Management - leading the Material Review Board (MRB). Ensure proper handling of non-conformities and customer complaints, assuring that the root causes are clearly defined and that corrective actions are put in place and accomplished, and that necessary documentation is properly prepared and distributed. This includes managing and operating the concession/NCR process.
- Investigation and Root Cause Analysis - Lead business A3 and 8D processes.
- Corrective and Preventive action (CAPA) - Lead cross-functional corrective action and/or continuous improvement teams in significant quality activities or programs.
- Perform in-process verification of Corrective Actions & Preventative Actions of Quality Issues. Promote the use of preferred techniques for Continuous Improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poke-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Lead the business approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks - Plan, conduct and report internal audits as per the audit plan (ISO 9001, 45000, 14001). Manage findings in line with a 24-hour containment, 5-day corrective and 30-day preventive plan.
- Control of Documented Information - take ownership of Business Management System documentation, maintaining and improving documentation to support the process.
- Support Implementation of businesses integrated management system (ISO 9001, 45000, 14001).
- Deploy significant quality expertise to provide tangible benefit to the organisation (product cost, quality, metrics etc.) Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to Process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system.
- Support the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process. Provide concise, complete and accurate documentation of Inspection Results relative to area of responsibility. In appropriate functional areas, this refers to supporting inspection and test status requirements defined by Regulations, engineering product specifications or Control Plans, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) approval or Part Submission Warrant.
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure Process Capability is effective to meet product and process requirements.
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved quality issues within assigned projects and processes.
- Support the Customer Quality Manager to monitor and report on product Quality and performance.
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge of Quality and business systems.
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA).
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge.
- Knowledge of ISO9001/ISO18001 and understanding of ISO14001.
- Knowledge of measurement techniques (Including hand equipment and CMM) and the capability to interpret engineering drawings (GD&T).
- Degree in Engineering / Manufacturing preferred but not essential.
- A track record in a volume manufacturing environment in a Quality role.
- Internal Auditor certification and six sigma qualification will be an advantage.
What's on Offer
£35,000 - £40,000 + benefits