Growing global manufacturing organisation
Excellent development and progression opportunities
About Our Client
My client are part of a established global group who continue to grown and invest at their manufacturing site in Newport.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer's main responsibility will be leading and implementing of quality improvement initiatives in the manufacturing area.
As the Quality Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Management of 8Ds/Corrective Action Reports that includes reliability and robust closure to eliminate the repeat of the issue.
- Support daily production meetings in regards to quality issues.
- Undertaking manufacturing root cause failure analysis based on customer warranty returned product, ensuring robust countermeasures will be put in place.
- Lead introduction of basic quality tools into production lines (first offs, controlled rework, etc).
- Planning and performing manufacturing process audits and supporting system audits. Communicate the results to stakeholders and escalate issues found based on risk analysis.
- Assisting in the analysis, recording and monitoring of process scrap, identifying root causes and implementing corrective actions.
- Ensuring the Health & Safety of all employees within area of responsibility at all times. Ensuring the highest levels of housekeeping within the department are maintained.
- Participates in the validation of production processes from the point of view of quality.
- Proposing, encourage and contribute to Continuous Improvements in production processes.
- Actively contributes to the implementation of a quality system based on building-in quality.
- Identifying the Critical to Quality points and suggesting necessary statistical controls.
- Support identification of calibration requirements and ensure measurement systems are also fit for purpose.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered as the Quality Engineer you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Ability to lead a cross functional team in solving Quality defects.
- Knowledge of lean tools and Techniques.
- A good knowledge of IT systems with particular skills in Minitab, PowerPoint, Excel & Word packages.
- Knowledge of analysis tools applied to quality (e.g. FMEA)
- Good communication skills and able to liaise across all levels of manufacturing.
- Experience of working within the Manufacturing / Automotive Industry advantageous.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical tools, ideally through six sigma training.
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to promote teamwork within the department.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet demanding business needs.
What's on Offer
Circa £35,000 plus benefits (pension, life assurance, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays)