An exciting opportunity with a growing FMCG business
Excellent opportunities for career development and progression
About Our Client
Michael Page are working with our client find an experienced Quality Engineer for their Nottinghamshire site. This individual will be key in supporting the company to develop an effective quality culture and ensuring compliance to various industry standards. The business is a leading manufacturer in their field and are going through an exciting period of growth and business development.
Reporting directly into the Quality Manager, the general overview of the job role is to assist the existing quality department in maintaining and support functions of day-to-day actives. This will include investigating non-compliance, inspection of finished product, administration of the quality system, assisting in the calibration and maintenance of inspection equipment and process auditing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Apply quality analysis and improvement tools, to ensure the high-quality standards on site are maintained
- Lead on containment activities and subsequent problem resolution to ensure any quality issues are effectively managed, with minimal disruption to customers
- Inspection of completed products using documented techniques such as 8Ds, ishikawa diagrams, FMEAs, etc
- Working with calibration and measurement systems including CMM equipment, understanding and interpreting engineering drawings, as required, to ensure products are within tolerance
- Carrying out and reporting on internal process audits, and compiling relevant data for ongoing improvement activities
- Assist the Quality Manager in introduction of new procedures and maintenance of existing procedures
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Nottinghamshire based Quality Engineer position will be a self-motivated individual with demonstrable experience and knowledge in quality activities within a fast-paced manufacturing business.
The successful candidate will have the following key attributes:
- Educated to degree/HND level, or equivalent experience within an FMCG manufacturing business
- 3+ years experience within Quality Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of ISO 9001 and BRC standards - lead auditor qualified preferred
- Internal and external inspection skills and experience - experience liaising with customers around non-conformances would be an advantage
- Exceptional communication skills, to communicate effectively across all levels of the business
What's on Offer
Competitive salary with excellent opportunities for progression