Quality Engineer in London.
Join an innovative and growing design and manufacturing business.
About Our Client
My client is a leading design and manufacturing business in London.
The Quality Engineer will have th following responsibilities:
- Leading the Material Review Board (MRB). Ensure proper handling of non-conformities and customer complaints, assuring that the root causes are clearly defined and that corrective actions are put in place and accomplished, and that necessary documentation is properly prepared and distributed.
- Investigation and Root Cause Analysis, leading A3 and 8D processes.
- Lead cross-functional corrective action and/or continuous improvement teams in significant quality activities or programmes.
- Lead the approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks.
- Take ownership of Business Management System documentation, maintaining and improving documentation to support the process.
- Support Implementation of the integrated management system (ISO 9001, 45000, 14001).
- Deploy significant quality expertise to provide tangible benefit to the organisation (product cost, quality, metrics etc.)
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to Process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system.
- Support the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process.
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure Process Capability is effective to meet product and process requirements.
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved quality issues within assigned projects and processes.
- Deliver training of quality awareness internally.
- Assist with first off sample approvals.
The Successful Applicant
- Quality Engineer with exposure to similar volume manufacturing environments.
- Minimum of HNC or equivalent in engineering.
- Internal Auditor certification
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA).
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and ISO18001 with an understanding of ISO14001.
- Knowledge of measurement techniques (Including hand equipment and CMM).
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings (GD&T).
- Understanding of manufacturing processes.
What's on Offer
£35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits