- New Technical Quality Engineer Vacancy is Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
- Metallurgists, Quality or Technical Engineers please apply below.
About Our Client
As the Quality Engineer, you will be based at the Sheffield manufacturing plant responsible for overseeing key manufacturing stages, with the main emphasis on subcontracted weld cladding, machining and inspection operations. This position will be Monday to Friday, Days Based with no weekend work required. Applicants who have a background in either Metallurgy, Technical, Mechanical or Welding are encouraged to apply.
As the Quality Engineer, you will support the on site technical assurance teams on critical UK defence contacts. Your responsibilities will include supporting the project managers on all technical issues, with regards to the subcontract cladding and machining work-streams. In addition, you will track NCR's, support process improvements and report back on the subcontractors manufacturing and Quality performance.
- Work with the Quality team to resolve any technical issues through the appropriate channels.
- Develop a good understanding of the quality requirements associated with the client and the project.
- Reading, understanding, and interpreting technical engineering drawings and specifications to assist with implementation at the subcontractor.
- Liaise with all relevant internal departments to ensure subcontracted manufacture remains in accordance with the required quality and processes.
- Close cooperation and coordination to support Project Managers.
- Support the Document Controller with the transmittal and receipt of documentation. Document preparation and collation for final documentation package.
- Review of subcontract documentation.
- Lead/carry out subcontractor audits as advised by the Quality & Technical Department
- Take part in both internal and external project meetings.
- Provide a Monthly update on the subcontractors QA activities and NCR's
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the Technical Quality Engineer, you will be Qualified to Degree level, or with significant relevant experience in a Technical or Quality Engineer position. Any Metallurgical, Casting or Welding experience or qualifications would be highly advantageous.
What's on Offer
Salary is £30,000 to £40,000 with strong progression opportunities.