- Manufacturing company based in Hampshire
- Fixed Term Contract
About Our Client
Electro Mechanical manufacturing company based in Hampshire.
* Take ownership of the customer relationship for related quality issues, liaising with sales/applications engineers and customers and reacting to their immediate needs (including customer visits), whilst arranging timely improvements to ensure ongoing and increased satisfaction.
This requires pro-active and assertive communication, an understanding of the customers business and processes, liaising with warranty to evaluate customer returns and ensure no reoccurrence, collecting data and analyzing within the Process Focused Team to ensure appropriate prioritizing.
* As a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt, use DMAIC, 8D and other tools to solve problems in a timely manner in conjunction with other team members, especially those issues which are 'needle-movers'.
As the technical expert within the Process Focused Team the Quality Engineer drives the problem-solving process and ensures that at each stage the data collection,
interpretation of findings and go forward actions are relevant and appropriate so resulting improvements will be acceptable, robust and timely. This also includes analysis of key product family quality metrics, establishing, implementing and driving action plans within the product family to close gaps.
* Drive the improvement in supplied part quality, to manage supplier improvement, by initiating supplier containment and corrective actions, initiating supplier debits, assessing suppliers as necessary, while supporting supplier development and the PPAP process (with support from Quality Technician).
Suppliers require real time feedback of issues, and requires fit for purpose parts. The management of incoming part quality requires solid relationship building, technical expertise, effective communication, an understanding of casting, machining and other supplier processes, close liaison within the Process Focused Team to ensure ongoing supply of quality parts, and close control of rejected part inventory.
* Take ownership and be totally responsible for the appraisal of related parts, using both simple and complex measuring equipment whilst developing acceptable measurement systems as needed.
This requires knowledge of measuring systems, calibration systems and equipment, together with an understanding of the importance of Measurement System Analysis (MSA)/Gauge R&R, the ability to interpret engineering drawings and understand critical characteristics. This also requires the ability to judge criticality and significance and challenge where appropriate these key decisions.
* Support Process Focused Team and Functional Lean activities, including the updating of Quality related Quality Operating System (QOS) information and functional metrics, whilst participating as required.
This requires a team approach, negotiating within the team to ensure functional targets are met as well as the discipline to assist with occasional non quality related tasks as agreed within the Process Focused Team.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 2 years in a Quality Engineering position.
- Proven track record in problem solving and root cause analysis.
- A good understanding of the following tool and principles:- Cpk, MSA, Cause & Effect, Pareto, Process Mapping, Lean, PFMEA, Control Plans, Sampling Plans, APQP, PPAP, ISO9001:2015
What's on Offer